5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PORCELAIN VENEERS
It’s easy to be daunted by a cosmetic dentistry treatment when you don’t know much about it. If you’re interested in a true, complete smile makeover that revitalizes your appearance and makes you look younger, happier, and healthier, it’s time to start learning about porcelain veneers. With this cosmetic upgrade, you can transform your appearance and make yourself look like a celebrity, a VIP, the very best version of yourself.
1. There are different types of veneers.
Your Fort Lauderdale cosmetic dentist offers four types of veneers:
- Traditional veneers involve shaving down tooth enamel to fit the veneers precisely in place.
- Minimal prep veneers are ultrathin and reduce and sometimes eliminate the need to remove any enamel.
- No-prep veneers are super-thin and only require a cleaning and buffing of the teeth to create a smooth surface for the porcelain to be bonded to the teeth.
- Chairside veneers are created with cosmetic bonding which uses a tooth-colored resin to make minor structural or cosmetic improvements to improve the appearance of teeth, like closing gaps, whitening discoloration, and touching up imperfections after a round of Invisalign.
2. But all veneers do the same thing.
Regardless of the type of veneer you opt for, they all do the same work – concealing every imperfection that exists in your smile. Whether you have chipped or gapped teeth, discoloration or staining, crooked or misshapen teeth, veneers cover it all up for a flawless smile. The problems you never thought could be fixed, or that would take multiple procedures to correct can all disappear in just one procedure.
3. All veneers are customized.
No matter what type of veneers you choose for your smile makeover, they will be customized to you and you alone. Size, shape, length, and color will all be carefully designed so your upgraded smile flatters your face shape, skin tone, and even your gender. The goal is always to produce a new smile that looks perfect and completely natural.
4. Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant.
Porcelain is strong, durable, and resistant to stains. Unless you’re really overdoing it on the coffee, dark soda, or red wine, your teeth should stay beautifully white with daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to your Fort Lauderdale dentist.
5. Not everyone is a good candidate for veneers.
In order to create a new smile, you must have a solid foundation to build upon. You will undergo a thorough dental examination to ensure that there are no signs of gum disease, decay, or other structural problems. Any existing oral health issues will need to be addressed first before any veneers can be designed and created.
Schedule a Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation
For patients who are interested in porcelain veneers, Dr. Charmaine Johnson offers complimentary cosmetic consultations. During this meeting, you will discuss whether veneers are the best option for enhancing your smile, review before-and-after photos, undergo a smile evaluation, and have all your questions answered.
Find out if you’re a good candidate for porcelain veneers. Contact us to schedule an appointment at Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale.